Monday, January 31, 2011

just another weekend

Well its that time again...MONDAY---today we had an inservice, I had grad class and now I'm just sitting here trying to relax before I hit the hay---I'm glad January is over and now I am looking forward to February.

This weekend wasn't too exciting but we tried to make the most of it. There were 60mph winds all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday---talk about scary. Our house sounded as if it might just fall over. On Saturday I decided to brave the wind and head to the store. Clearly no one wanted to go with me, so I had to bare it alone. At one point I just stopped moving and let the wind carry me home.

Friday night we had girl movie night at Rachel's house. It was a great time---we watched Letters to Juliet, ate popcorn, and a delicious snack of jam and cream cheese. It was a good night of catching up with the girls.

Sunday Al and I were determined to have a fun filled day. We began our morning making a little breakfast of bacon and cinnamon rolls. Then Al taught me a skill I had been lacking up until this point in my life, SHUFFLING--It was great--now when we play all of our card games, I am able to keep up and shuffle myself---IMPRESSIVE!
After many games of double solitaire, we decided to clean our entire house. We do not always do this, but when we do we go big. After cleaning we were very tired so we took a little rest.

We decided that we were going to have a dinner party so we made some cheesy bread. Once the bread was made, we took a walk to the Bering Sea--I'll have to admit it was very very slippery. We had a lot of close encounters and it was very scary.

Sunday night around 6:30 was our dinner party. We made spaghetti (after all we have a huge 15 pound box), broccoli and cheese, our bread, and brownies. It was quite a feast we prepared.

Two things Al and I hope to improve on:
1. draining grease from the hamburger --at the beginning of the year I would just use a strainer, but now Al does not allow this. So now we hold the pan and try to do teamwork. If that does not work, I just pat down the meat with coffee filters. It is quite the thing to watch.
2.How to drain pasta when we have a ton. So Al was holding the strainer when WOOSH the steam got her in the face. Then everyone told us that we could just set the strainer in the sink---BUT then I missed the strainer and poured half of the noodles in the sink, it was a disaster.

All in all our dinner party was quite a success, we had good food, good laughs, and good friends.

That's all for now---I need to get some pictures on this thing.

I meant to add these sooner: These are the new additions to the Quinhagak family here--- born a few weeks ago!



No comments: