Sunday, January 23, 2011

its what temperature outside?

Well I am supposed to be doing my grad homework right now, because that was my plan after waking up. Instead I sit in my bed listening to the scary winds outside sipping on some hot chocolate. I will do anything that keeps me from doing this assignment that is due tomorrow, and yes one of those things is blogging.

Well winter is finally here I am thinking. Yesterday at one point the wind reader said -60 degrees. Never in my life did I think I would be in such cold weather. It is def. an adjustment. Takes about 5-10 minutes to gear up to go outside, then one you are outside you hate your life, then you come in and have to take it all off again. Currently with the windchill it is -52 degrees. I do not believe that I will be leaving my house today for any reason.

This weekend has been a relaxing one. Lots of quality time with the roomie. Yesterday woke up around 10:30. Did my normal Saturday lounging around the house. Later in the day it was time for the trip to the post office and the store. Al and I have Netflixs so we decided to watch our movie. I have come to the conclusion that maybe we are not so good at this whole picking out movie things. The majority of our choices simply are not good ones. THis time we watched Charlie St. Cloud. At first it started out like a typically great chick flick. Then it got all weird and confusing and we simply did not understand what was going on. After the movie I tried to force myself to do some homework, but that did not work.

Al and I have been CRAVING fast food since about the time we have been back. Since clearly there is no way we can get fast food here, we decided to have a greasy feast last night. It was delightful. Our dinner consisted of pizza rolls, cheesy poppers, and chicken nuggets. Talk about delicious---what a meal! We finished off the night with some family time and some games.

Last night while at Steph and Jim's, Al decided to put her scarf on Bela (dog). For some reason I thought this was the funniest thing ever. I simply could not stop laughing. Bela was walking around the house looking all sophisticated and it was a great laugh. Moments later Steph said she had little doggie mittens. This may have been one of the funniest things I have seen in a while. First she put them on Bela. Bela was walking with super funny almost like she was marching. Moments later Marley got a pair on. He was stumbling around the house and slipping on the floor. I wish I had pictures, because this truly does not explain how funny it was. While most people are out having there fun with their friends at restaurants and out at the movies--I sit in Quinhagak, Alaska with my good friends enjoying a good laugh from some dog mittens. Who would have known?

In other news the girls and I have booked our spring break plans. Our spring break is in the end of February. Typically I think people try to go somewhere warm for spring break, but living in Alaska that is not always possible. We are going to spend a couple of days in Fairbanks and then head to Anchorage for the rest of the trip. I am going to trying skiing for the first time (should be quite the event). I am pretty pumped to get away for a week or so and just bond with the girls.




1 comment:

Alyssa said...

aww have fun on you're spring break girl! not the same as Panama huh?! haha