Tuesday, January 11, 2011

great things happening

I feel like yesterday was an excellent start to the week! I can only hope that the rest of this week is like yesterday!

My day started like most, I struggled to get out of bed. We still were not sure about the water yesterday, so I took a shower using as little water as possible---IT WAS A MESS. At first I was just going to use bowls of water to wash, but I thought that would be difficult. After much debate, I decided to just take a shower with the water left to a drizzle. I even turned off in the middle to lather up and conserve water. What a freezing cold experience! With all this being said, I am just very thankful to have water! Who knew how important this was to me!

Once at school I learned that the washateria is back up and running and we have water again. This news did sadden me due to the competition coming to an end. The households will no longer be seeing whose water will last the longest. I still think Al and I would have won. We were thinking up quite the ways to conserve our water.

My classes were "ballin" yesterday. I am making changes to my schedule at school, and I think they are going to be very positive. I am excited for this program and to see the progress in the next few months.

Around four o clock, I learned that Britney Spears new song had in fact released early. This little number was not supposed to be released until today, so what a pleasant surprise. For those of you who know me well, I have quite the spot in my heart for Ms. Spears. I have already listened to this song about 349839483 times and it gets better and better each time.

I started my first class for my masters yesterday. For those of you wondering, I am taking it at UAS and its all online. It should be exciting. Special Education has already been an interest of mine, and since I work a lot with that field this school year I think it will be beneficial to start working towards another goal of mine. My class even got out early which was a nice little treat.

In other news, my glasses are fixed and on their way back to Quinhagak. Let's hope those things last longer than a week this time! I also need to get out and take some new pictures for this blog! I am going to make that my goal this week.

Shoutout to my friends who started back to class yesterday back in Ohio. Hope y'all have a terrific Tuesday and great week!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Do you ever get a snow day in Quinhagak? We have one today in Akron. What a nice surprise! I think we'll go cross-country skiing in the park!!