Friday, January 28, 2011

Ode to the bucket

I've decided to get creative tonight and make a poem about my experiences this afternoon. I'm just sitting here with Al waiting on our corn dogs to cook. Took our Friday night nap and now we are ready for what the weekend has in store.

Ode to the bucket

It all started on Thursday with 60 mile per hour winds
I went into the bathroom and I was not happy my friends

You see, Al and I share this fun fun chore
And with winds this strong I didn't want to do this I was sure

I said a little prayer for the winds to stop
so to the hopper I could walk without a drop

But after school on Friday the bucket could not wait
With the honey bucket in my hand on the ice I would skate

I tied that thing up and closed my little blue eyes
Al had the spray in her hand because the smell makes you want to cry

I had many decisions to make on which way to go
I knew I didn't want to slip on the ice and the snow

With the winds a blowing and the cold hitting my face
I had strong determination to get rid of this waste

I held in my breath and walked very slow
while Al poked her head out the window enjoying the show

This trip took a bit longer then the trips normally do
because lets be honest there was no way I was falling, that I knew

I am always embarrassed when taking it out
and today there was Rachel just strolling about

So now and I had Rachel and Allison just laughing at me
I was cold and grossed out, couldn't they see?

And that is how a typical Friday afternoon goes
While living in bush Alaska things are quite different I suppose















No comments: