Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful

Well I had hoped I would be typing up this blog from a hotel room in Bethel, but instead I sit on my couch listening to Glee.

Gotta love the weather out here that put a damper on my plans this evening as well as Allison's. Where else but Alaska can you constantly get stuck because the weather is ALWAYS changing. I am supposed to head into Bethel for SRA training, which is the reading program I am doing out here---let's hope that tomorrow morning I can make it out.

The things I am thankful for are almost coming to an end, but here is todays--
#28--Positivity--I am thankful for people who are positive and try to make the most outta things. When I first heard I could not go into Bethel today I was pretty upset because it was something I was looking forward too-keep in mind the whole time I spent 3 hours sitting in a little shack by the airport--I was determined to get out to Bethel but apparently there were other plans for me--but after a while I found the bright side of things and am now feeling much better about things. Before this experience I was not always as positive, here though things constantly are changing and I have no control over them---it is important to remain calm and flexible.

Saturday night was another fun filled family Saturday. I got invited over for Jim's famous burritos. Man they were delicious---some good home cooking that I needed. Since Allison was gone for Thanksgiving I believe the only full meal I ate the entire time was Thanksgiving--its no fun only cooking for one. After the burritos we decided to watch a movie. Now Jim's movie selections the past few weekends have not been the best (Lovely Bones, The Losers,) so once he put a movie in we quickly took it out--and put in a girl movie--Love Happens--I myself have a great time watching this movie even got teary eyed a few times---Jim on the other hand looked like he was in pain. --but all in all it was a great Saturday night!


I can't believe it that this week marks my 4 months of already being here--it truly is flying by and I am truly enjoying it-- and in only 3.5 weeks I'll be home visiting with people.

Goodnight Moon =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Thanks

Anonymous said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?.