Friday, November 19, 2010

FRIDAYFRIDAYFRIDAY!

I have never been so happy about a Friday before. After my 3 days in Bethel I am beat—it is great to be back and I had a good time with my class this morning.

Speech ended with 2 fifth place finishes, and a third place finish! I really enjoyed the opportunity and glad I decided to do it.

I have some things to get caught up on:

#17—I am thankful for my family back at home. They have been wonderful since I have been here sending boxes and messages and just talking to me when I am having a tough day. Besides my family though, other people’s parents here (that I have met this year) are also encouraging and uplifting. I am realizing how important it is to surround yourself with great people. Before this experience I am not sure if I always surround myself with people who cared about me and my best interests but here I can truly say that everyone here is uplifting, upbeat and great to be around!

#18--ART--I have never been quite the artistic person, but after attending two art retreats and doing projects with my kids, --I'd have to say that things are looking up. On Fridays I go into Steph's class and do art with her and her kids. I am really enjoying working with the younger ones and seeing what they have to do. Growing up I always had the art projects that people would laugh at---so its good that now years later I can do art with students and appreciate the value of their work.

#19--EDUCATION--I am thankful for the education that I received growing up. I am thankful for all the adults/teachers that helped me get to where I am today. I remember no greater feeling that graduating from both high school and then college. While I am here I have really been thinking about starting my masters--and it is all set up now --I will be starting in the spring. I am super excited to further my knowledge in a subject that interests me.

I am hoping to enjoy the weekend and maybe get out a bit to take some pictures and things. First order of business is to catch up on some sleep then movies and snow pictures. Me and Al will be attempting to create a Christmas card soon--so look forward to that!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We so enjoy catching up on your life in Alaska! It is especially interesting to us when we hear about Allison
and the things she is doing. She is very special to us as she is our wonderful granddaughter!!
Grandma Carol and Grandpa Dale