Saturday, November 6, 2010

Just some thoughts

So I'm in Bethel on lunch break and thought I would throw in the 5th and 6th day of thanks and some other thoughts filling my head. By the way Bethel has been a great great time--last night we attended the wrestling meet. My and Ally Z are in Bethel right now for the art retreat. Who knew my Friday nights would be so eventful. I actually felt like I was back in the states last night just at a sporting event.

Friday was our SA Eric's birthday--he tried to keep it a secret but...I found out and decided to decorate the door. Here's a picture of what it looked like. Our hope was to embarrass him, and you know what I think it worked.

#5- Planes....I never thought planes would be things that I appreciated before I came here. But planes here are similar to cars in the lower forty eight. Here I have to take a plane anytime I want to leave the village. If I get sick, I need to go on a plane just to go to the doctor. I am thankful for the planes and the fact I am getting to come to Bethel several times in the month of November.

#6-- My room mate in Allison/friends in my village. Allison is lucky and she gets to hang out with me the most. I am thankful we are both laid back and able to help each other. We are there for dance parties, laughter, and emptying the honey bucket. I am thankful for the other teachers in the village who are there to offer an ear and listen to me whenever I need it. I know if I need anything I just have to run across the street to ma and pa.


Thanks all for now =)

No comments: