Monday, November 22, 2010

I whip my hair back and forth

This weekend was as exciting as ever! (well as exciting as a weekend in a village can be) It started off going to the store--and to my surprise there was a new hot delicious item in town---that item was SLIM JIMS--I never thought the day would come--I am oh so happy. Friday night I took a 2.5 hour nap---now I did not plan on sleeping that long but I was pretty tired from speech and needed some beauty sleep to catch up on.

Later that night myself and Al spent many hours playing games and having a great time. Around 9:30 we decided to make Jiffy Pop (bad idea) it started exploding EVERYWHERE--I didn't know what to do except for scream. Allison took control as a piece caught on fire. Moments later we decided to give it one more try--this time about 10 pieces caught on fire and we had a mini campfire on the stove. Al grabbed for the fire extinguisher but it went out just in the nick of time. We decided that Jiffy Pop is not good--kinda tastes like cardboard---We finished off the night watching a movie.

Saturday was a lazy Saturday---watched a HORRIBLE movie on Saturday night but was with the family so it was fun. They even gave us some new utensils and a CHRISTMAS TREE---we are already in love with that thing.

Sunday we made...PUMPKIN PIE....it was so delicious---not as delicious as the YAMS we made last week-but -so delicious in fact I may have a slice after I finish up this blog.

#20---I am thankful for my cellphone---a funny thing happened this past week. I could not find my cell phone--I went up to school and looked EVERYWHERE---I was kinda freaking out because my cellphone is my main way to communicate to my friends back home. Plus where else are you going to find a cell phone with a flashlight?---I love that thing. Anyways come to find out that my cellphone was in my book bag for two whole days---I was actually carrying that thing around--typical me though

#21 Mail---today I got a Thanksgiving day box in the mail (thanks Aunt B) it had TONS OF SLIM JIMS---AND YAMS---WOOOOOOOO!!! Can't wait to make a yam good dinner again. We also got a new game and other things for me to cook on thanksgiving. I love mail here---its way different then getting mail back at home---It seems as though I always get mail at the right time too--just when I need a little smile. So far I've gotten boxes from aunt b, sammy, megan, and ben and many letters from various people back at home---it's great to have people at home thinking about me and interested in what I'm doing here in Alaska.

#22---Shoes---I am thankful for my UGG boots--I now have two pairs and they are like my little children. I am pretty sure Al and I are the only people who have ugg boots just because they are not the most practical shoes to be wearing in Alaska. A fellow staff member at school was like I've never seen such shoes. Back at home I was in love with my converse and now its my uggs---shoes make my day because they fit your personality--

Pie time---miss you all

No comments: