Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lazy weekends

Well I survived my first Thanksgiving in Alaska. It was a pretty fun day--relaxed with friends, ate some good food, and watched television--wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Now that Thanksgiving has passed I know only a few more weeks until a much needed Ohio visit.





It's been a nice break from school the last few days--I have been catching up on some much needed sleep and getting some things done around the house. I will kinda look forward to getting back into the routine, but for now I am enjoying a break.

Last night was craft night in Quin-and I think I found a new passion--BEADING. The last craft night I had bad bad memories of trying to crochet which turned into a disaster, so this time I knew that I would stay away from that. I beaded a Christmas tree and many other ornaments for our Christmas tree at our house (pictures to come) From now I shall stick to beading I believe.

I would also like to tell you that black friday shopping can still happen in a rural village in Alaska, just online shopping style. It is safe to say I am probably done online shopping for Christmas for other people as well as myself--maybe even for next year as well--since Al is away right now there is no one to tell me I infact do not need 3 new sweaters, so I just went ahead and did it.

Can't believe this week is going to be December already, but I am going to finish my things of things I am thankful for.

#26--Books---since in Alaska I have reading a bit when I have time--its way more then I ever read in Ohio. I have started reading a book about Alaska which is pretty interesting as well as finishing up a few I started when I got here.

#27--Skype--Without skype I would die. Before coming here I was not with familiar with Skype. Here it is my easiest way of communication. My phone isn't reliable and hangs up on people at least once a call, so skyping it is. It is great because I am either video or just use the chat portion. I was even able to Skype on Thanksgiving which helped me to not be sad. Not only do I use Skype to talk to people at home, but I also use it to talk to Steph who lives across the street. So friends reading this if you do not have Skype--get it so we can chat more =)

Alright--I'm at school trying to finish up lesson plans--just wanted to do this first as a way of procrastination =)

No comments: