Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Just woke up and sitting here on Thanksgiving---so normally on Thanksgiving I wake up watch the parade and listen to my uncle make pie after pie. Well this year things are different--I wake up with no other noises around me except for the typically scary noises our house makes. I am now I am sitting here trying to partake on some Black Friday deals and reflecting on the past few months.

Today should be a good day--I am going to the principals to eat with everyone (I am going to make YAMS) and then I will probably watch a movie or something. It is tough not be home, but I am thankful for this experience and all the new people who surround me day after day--

Last night I had some kids over to visit --we had a great time listening to music and we even made pizza--I'm thankful for those little moments that prove to me that I am here for a reason.

#23--Games---here in Alaska our primary source of entertainment besides ourselves is playing games. I learned a new game here which is cribbage and then we also have skipbo which also was new to me, mancala, and uno. I would say we play a game at least once a week together and it turns out to be a lot of fun.

#24--The internet--yesterday I was kinda down about Thanksgiving and all and I was able to talk to everyone on the computer--made things a lot better and put a smile on my face. It's great to just get little messages on facebook or e-mail to brighten up the day.

#25--Pets--never thought I would be thankful for this because I was not always a fan of my cats at home but thank goodness for pets. Here we have Gill who is my little Beta fish, he is def part of the family. Right now I am dog sitting Ani (Rachel's dog) and he is keeping me company. When I'm scared at night I just yell for Ani and he jumps up in my bed and all is well. Right now he is very peaceful taking a little dog snooze while I type.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish we could have spent Thanksgiving together! Don't lie, your relationship with Gill has changed ever since the heat dilemma. I think you are pulling away. See you soon! Allison

Anonymous said...

What do you mean you were not a fan of your cats back home??