Tuesday, November 16, 2010

wooo

So I'm back in Bethel for speech again--this time it is the with the Senior high students and this time I have 6 students instead of one. It's day two and things are going great! 5 out of the 7 speeches made it to semi-finals so now we are waiting to see who will make it to finals.

I thought I would continue the month of thanks--
#15 Payday---yesterday was payday and oh what a glorious day. Here in Alaska we only get paid once a month, so I really appreciate the value of a paycheck. Working hard for 30 days for that one special day is quite enjoyable.

#16 Speech--I never realized how enjoyable it can be. The kids get so excited when they come out of the room to tell me how well their speeches went. It is also great to watch the shy students do great things. I truly have been enjoying coaching the junior high and senior high team. It is my first time coaching something so it is fun. It has gotten me away from the village and allowed me to get to know some students I normally would not get to.


Gotta go be all coach-like
Miss you all




No comments: