Saturday, December 4, 2010

We're on a boat



So yesterday when Al and I got to our house, we found a surprise--there was a boat in front of our house!! We were confused on who would give us a boat so we did the only thing we could think of---TOOK PICTURES IN THE BOAT! We later came to find out the boat is not in fact ours, but another principals. For now though, we will just pretend it is ours. I think I love that boat.

This weekend has been a pretty lazy weekend thus far. Last night we went over to Steph and Jim's for some Friday night television. Decided to eat dinner around midnight, and then went to bed. I would say that is one productive night.

Today when we woke up we didn't have power. Not having power is a normal occurrence here. It seems that things need to be fixed, so we sit in our house in the dark. Today I tired to force myself to sleep until noon (when the power would be back on) but it didn't work. Highlight of the day was walking to the post office just for her to tell me that I got no mail =( Then I just worked on my online class for a few hours and we baked cookies. I will have to say that our baking skills when done together are superb! We made peanut butter cookies with Reese's on top and M &M's on the other (our hands were getting tired from unwrapping all the candy)

After the baking adventure, Allison tried to try her skills at something else...CARROT SOUP...Now at first I was very skeptical about carrot soup and what it would be like. I will have to say, that carrot soup isn't too bad. Def a new taste, but living in Alaska is all about the new experiences. Al says she is going to try to make new things on Saturday---should be interesting and exciting. We finished the night off just chatting and playing games. Just another typical night in Quinhagak.

I also included a picture of our Christmas tree since I once mentioned it. It has handmade ornaments designed by yours truly on it.

No comments: