Friday, December 17, 2010

it's dance party time

Last weekend before Christmas break--YAHOOO--and only 1.5 more days of school!! I am literally counting down the hours and minutes I believe. I am starting to get a little cold too so hopefully that will pass before the big trip! Monday is our Christmas program at school and Tuesday is a half day. I am excited for our Christmas program at school, my class will be doing the....WINTER POKEY...Now you are probably asking yourself what exactly is the winter pokey? Well I will tell you--it is exactly the same as the hokey pokey, but this time you throw in some fun winter gear. My kids are super excited to show our moves to the school as well as I.

Last night was our staff Christmas party at school. Al and I bought matching blankets to give as gifts. We also put some little treats inside which consisted of a slim jim, a pack of gum, and....a picture of us. It was fantastic. The Christmas party had the game where you pick a present and then you can steal from someone else. I had my eyes set on a present and in the end it became mine, what a victory! This gift was no normal everyday something you give in Ohio gift. Oh no my friends, this gift is something unique to this experience. Now that I have built up the anticipation....it was a BEAVER FUR....It is great--Al and I can't wait to hang it on the wall. Now months ago when I first arrived, something like this would have creeped me straight out. Now though I love it--you can see the eye holes and everything--quite the treat.

Tonight Al and I are chaperoning the school dance. Oh I can't wait to "bust a move". I'm sure I will have stories to share after this experience. If it is anything like the last dance, it should be tons of fun!!

I am looking forward to a weekend of cleaning, relaxing,laughing, and playing games with my roomie and who could forget? FAMILY TIME...

Towards Sunday night I shall start stalking the weather websites with updates of how the weather is looking for Tuesday. I'll have to say that lately I am becoming quite the weather girl. Weather is a big factor of everything here (mainly mail and travel) that why not make sure I am up to date on the visibility and cloud covering. I can't to impress you all at home with my new found weather skills! I enjoy when Al and I are walking home from school commenting on how the visibility looks greats, before moving here I would have had NO idea what that meant.

Shout out to my many of friends at Kent State graduating tomorrow--especially my little sis Sam!

That's it for now....It's DANCE PARTY TIME....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel