Tuesday, December 28, 2010

last of 2010

"The joy of the journey is in the ride"

Well friends this will be the last one from 2010 I believe---I'm still in Ohio visiting with lots of friends, eating tons of food, and just relaxing. I haven't hardly even shopped yet, but that is the plan for today!


I can't believe it's the New Year. The other night I was trying to figure out what is so special about the New Year and why we have such a big celebration. Then it hit me--its to reflect on the good, to be thankful for what we have, and then to look forward to the things to come in 2011. Some people often get stuck on the negative aspects of the year and dwell on those, but not this girl. I am living in the Now and celebrating all the great things that are currently happening. I am not sure how well I did that before this experience, but now I realize the importance of finding those experiences and things that make you happy. The whole FISH philosophy contributes to that mentality I believe and just being happy so in return I can help make others happy. I can honestly say that after this past year I am pumped for see where this journey takes me and what is yet to come. I am at a WAY different point then I was last year at this time and it is a FANTASTIC feeling.



10 great things that happened in 2010:

1. Meeting all my new friends and "family" in Quin. Sharing tons of laughs, embarrassing moments, and knowing that I can go to these people if I need anything.

2. Trying fish for the FIRST time ever as well as eating caribou, riding next to a dead caribou in a plane, and many other brand new experiences.

3.Finishing up my permanent sub position and landing my first teaching job in Alaska.

4. Building new friendships and strengthening some old

5. Surviving my first car accident with a deer. Probably one of the scarier moments of 2010, but def a very funny one looking back on it now.

6. Going on many road trips to see concerts and other exciting events.

7. Getting a tattoo 2 weeks before I left for Alaska that to this day still makes me laugh because it is so big and yet another funny story. (It is cute though I'll have to admit)

8. The last month before I left for Alaska having a great time with friends before I hit the road or plane in my case.

9. The song Dynamite

10. Attempt after attempt of trying to cook and it not turning out so well. I will have to say that this is getting better though.


My plans from here are to enjoy the rest of the week catching up with people, and then head back to Alaska on Sunday. My travels are not near as long on the way back, so hopefully everything goes smoothly and I'll be back in the classroom Tuesday morning to teach.




I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year. My great adventures will pick back up in January!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Have fun celebrating New Year's Eve with your friends!! We'll see you in 2011!!