Sunday, December 19, 2010

how many more sleeps?

So I'm sitting here sipping on some hot cocoa listening to pandora (Britney Spears station of course) waiting for Al to wake so we can start the day.

Now I'll explain the title of my blog---here in the village to count down until something the children use the phrase how many sleeps. I think this is especially funny because before coming to Alaska I was using the same phrase when my days were numbered in Ohio. Everyone would get a confused look on their face when I would use this term and now its funny that its all I hear now. When leaving for Bethel or anywhere the children will ask How many sleeps until you come back? Lately though its been Al and I telling each other how many sleeps we have left until our trip home.

I have super exciting news--my camera charger is no longer lost-WOOOO---but I'm not surprised something else is. I am not sure how someone can manage to do it, but I lost an entire Christmas present. I can not find that thing anywhere. How does one manage to lose something like that I have no idea, but I do not put it past me. NEW GOAL: Stop losing things. I am sure we are going to find this present in a silly spot months down the road, but for now that thing is lost!

Saturday night we exchanged gifts with the family. It was great!!! I got tons of new owl things (owls are becoming my new thing). We gave Jim and Steph a mug with a picture of our faces on it--I mean come on--what could be better then that? Jim got a wolf shirt. I need to take pictures of this thing because it is just too good to be true. It was yet another great family night and a great way to end 2010.

That was written Sunday and NOW ITS TUESDAY WHICH MEANS I'M HEADED OUT TODAY...WOOOOOO. I don't think I have slept much in the last few days. Yesterday was our Christmas program at school which went pretty well and then today is a half day.

I'll leave you with some pictures of the past few weeks since I now have my charger. Merry Christmas from Quinhagak! Can't wait to see some of you soon =) I am planing to arrive at 12:40 this Thursday in Cleveland incase anyone was dying to know!!






No comments: