Saturday, December 25, 2010

Ohio





So those of you who follow--I finally made it back to Ohio--after 46 hours of flying, long layovers, little children, and scary flying I made it. The feeling I had when I arrived was so much different then I imagined. I am super pumped to be home with friends and family, but I think it's making me appreciate the people and experiences around me in Quinhagak.


I appreciate the low key life style I think and the ability to just be me. It's only been three days and I miss kids screaming my name as I walk to school or to the postie. Going to the mall the first time was SUPER overwhemling and for a girl who LOVES to shop, I only made it for about an hour. I am pumped for this week at home though catching up and seeing familiar faces.


After being gone for 5 months--I feel this Christmas is different for me then any other. I think sometimes we get caught up in the "christmas blues" Hurrying around to buy gifts, making sure everything is perfect that we forget the meaning of Christmas. This Christmas to me it means being able to spend time with my family and friends. Being able to share my experiences and stories with them. The presents are a perk and I won't lie I will look super fashinable when I return, but this Christmas I am soaking up the laughs, the memories, the overall family experience.


Okay enough with the sappy sappy blog--- I want to wish ya'll a very Merry Christmas =) Bring on the new year! Can't wait to see what is in store for me!












No comments: