Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday!

It's Tuesday already. After a great weekend and an inservice yesterday the week has begun again. Today is Al's 23rd birthday! We are looking forward to celebrating tonight with everyone! so HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLISON!!!!! =)

So now about the weekend---this weekend I headed into Bethel for the Camai festival, which is a cultural dance festival. Villages and people from all over Alaska perform and do a variety of different acts. After what felt like forever, I finally made it to Bethel. Friday night was spent making pizza and hanging out.

Saturday we headed up to Camai. My favorite part of Camai was the crafts. In the lobby there was hundreds and hundreds of hand made crafts. It was interesting to see all the different things that can be made from using the resources around us. I know at least in Ohio I never realized the value of things and how something small can be turned into something quite practical. I got two beautiful pairs of ivory earrings and I really like them!

Sunday morning I had an homemade omelet and watched basketball. After breakfast, we headed to the grocery store. Shopping in Bethel is somewhat fun because the grocery store is bigger and there is more to chose from. I personally enjoy walking up and down every single isle. I felt like I got to treat myself at the store I picked up things such as real milk and orange juice. I still don't think I will get used to the prices---just for a gallon of milk and a thing of orange juice it costs around $20.00. Sometimes though it just makes it feel more like home if I get to treat myself to some good snacks.

In other news---since Ohio state lost on Friday, my race to beat everyone in the March madness brackets have ended. I did however do pretty well and end the event with 65 points. My goal was to beat one person and my goal I met!

That's all from Quinhagak for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great birthday! I can't wait until we can use the Topsy Turvy....imagine the fun we will have!