Thursday, March 10, 2011

top shooter

As you can tell from the title, yesterday was quite the exciting day in Quinhagak. You see I have never shot a gun before in my life. Yesterday Jim asked us if we wanted to all go out and shoot in the tundra, so we all gladly said yes. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty nervous about it all, but all in all it went pretty well. We set out three different boxes with little orange targets on them and begin taking turns. I was third up in the group and did not know what to expect. I was confused because I was not able to see anything out of the vision thing and just had to keep moving it until I could. Jim was a good teacher explaining everything and I was able to hit some boxes.

It has been Allison's idea to have a Top Shot Quinhagak, although I do not think this will be happening, I will have to admit we all look pretty good firing away.

Alicia

Allison

Alison

Jon

Jim

Steph

After shooting at the boxes, we found other items to shoot at for target practice--And we all were quite successful!





On another note---I am officially staying in LKSD another year! Signed my contract yesterday for the upcoming 2011-2012 school year!

That's all for now =)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow, Alicia!! You rock! They will LOVE having you there for another year....

Julie