Monday, March 14, 2011

A weekend of experiences

THis was a good good weekend. Friday night after a great nap--we headed over to Alison Z's for dinner. She made us baked Ziti (Yum). After Ziti Karen came over and invited us to take a steam. You see after my first experience, I have not tried steaming again. Friday though I decided to give it a try--and this time it was very enjoyable. In Yupik it is called Maqi. I am starting to enjoy it because it a something that is commonly done around here. I like the opportunity to be able to try new things while I am here.







On Saturday I decided to try skiing for the first time. I gave up after an hour due to be lonely and also being hungry. I did have a good time though and I am proud to announce that I only fell twice.

Saturday night was a typical family night in the village. This time though we watched the movie 127 days. it was rather gory and I could not watch the bloody part at all.

Lots of people have been asking about my summer plans. This summer I am leaving Alaska around the end of May. I will be in Ohio for about 3 weeks and then heading to New York for the summer. I will be an assistant group leader, and I am pretty excited for that. I will be leaving camp around the 1st and headed back to Ohio before I come back to Alaska.

No comments: