Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend in Bethel

It's Monday again---this week is a normal day at school and the rest of the week will be a testing week.

On Friday at around 4:00 pm I decided to surprise Peter and head to Bethel for the weekend. I had not planned on going and then while walking home, I decided I would in fact like to head there for the weekend. I guess one of the good things is that you can spur of the moment decide to go to Bethel, and there are still planes to take you. I've said it before, but planes are sort of like our cars here. We rely on them to take us in and out of the village. I called the agent and was on my way to Bethel within 30 minutes.

So now on to the weekend: Friday night we decided to order out from one of the restaurant's in town. Eating out used to be a huge perk of going to Bethel but I no longer feel that way. I was pretty pumped for a milkshake, which was mainly the biggest reason for deciding to order out. Anyway we ordered onion rings, a milkshake, and a chicken parm sub. It was quite delicious.

Saturday morning after cooking up breakfast burritos we headed to the store (one of the many trips to the store we would take during the weekend) before the March Madness games came on. This was the first year I took a liking to the whole March madness thing and I'll have to admit, it was really fun. Although once Ohio State lost, I had no other teams left, my bracket turned out nicely and I really enjoy watching the games. I am excited for the championship game tonight, and have that to look forward too. Back to my weekend, after the game we made dinner (chicken, pasta, french cheesy garlic bread, and alfredo sauce) It was GOOD!! After that I got a great idea that it would be fun to make brownies. You are probably wondering how I could still be hungry after a meal like that, but I was so we embarked on trip number two to the grocery store. The weather is getting nicer, and it really was a nice little walk up to the store for ice cream and brownies.

After brownie making we decided to paint on little canvases. I thought this would be a fun little thing to do and I was right. Here are pictures of our artwork. You can try to figure out who painted which one.



Sunday morning since it was around 30 (it's getting warmer) we decided to take a walk around Bethel. This weekend was the first time since October probably I didn't need my winter coat. We went to down to look at the Kusko River which is all frozen up still, and then went to a different grocery store, for trip number three. Who knew I could go to the grocery store so many times in one weekend.

That was about my weekend---stay classy =)

1 comment:

Julie said...

So glad you're still keeping us up to date! I love hearing about your adventures... Wish we could meet Peter. Hope it warms up some soon...I'm sure you could use some warm days to give you a taste of late spring in Alaska.