Tuesday, February 22, 2011

the greatest day ever

So after school Steph said that she was going to go snow machining. I started to freak out with excitement. You see I had never been on a snow machine before and I was beyond excited to give that baby a try. We informed Al of our plans and the three of us were very excited. Steph said she hadn't really driven it before, so I was slightly nervous, but overall super super excited.

So after school we set off for a snow machining extravaganza! I started this experience in the sled. It was a little scary and kinda bumpy. We took a pillow and a blanket so that it would be a bit more comfortable for the behind. We spent about thirty minutes driving all over the tundra and I literally was having so much fun. I kept laughing and screaming and yelling and it was a great great time. For at least the first 10 minutes my stomach was hurting from laughing so hard and trying to hang onto the sled. After about 30 minutes, Steph got off and asked who wanted to drive--we both excitedly said me and Al jumped on first. Before the drive we decided to have ourselves a little photo shoot.


Al in the sled!

view of the tundra from the sled

Al and Steph ready to ride
from in the sled, I didn't want it this close,
but here ya go.

Al decided to drive first. She was a like a pro. THen it was my turn I was very nervous and asking Steph what to do. She was helpful and I was able to cruise around the snowy tundra. I took it nice and slow and it was exciting. This was one of my favorite experiences here so far!! After we both got to drive I got to ride on the actual snow machine. It was a great time---a little scary at first but I had a great time experiencing what I see people riding on everyday around here.




When we got back I was a little sore but super happy for this wonderful adventure. On our way back to the house I reminded Al of how much fun I had yesterday making a snow angel. She was like I've made tons of snow angels I'm not making another one, but look at these:
I'm guessing she's pretty excited she made a snow angel after all.

That's all for now, 2 more days until spring break and 1 more day until someone specials birthday!! =)

2 comments:

Julie said...

LOVE IT!! I'm so glad you had fun on your snowmachine-ing adventure! The tundra just looks beautiful with all that snow!! Happy Birthday, Alicia!! I hope you get everything that you want, and more. It's nice to see one of "my girls" growing up! (Don't forget the stupid lady in Sears who thought I was your MOTHER!)

Have a great birthday!!

Love, "Mom"

Rachel said...

SUPER FUN!!! You SNOW GO tundra chicas! Way to ride:) I'm so happy you girls got out there, I'm living vicarious though yas! Happy Birthday too! From ANchorage!