Monday, February 28, 2011

Fairbanks

So I thought I'd blog a little this morning, since I woke up kind of early, and am just sitting here relaxing. Yesterday the girls and I traveled to Chena hot springs in Fairbanks. I have not heard much about hot springs, so I really did not know what to except. We hoped in the car around 8:00 am and were on our way!

When we arrived we soaked in the springs for a bit---there was one outside with rocks that was probably the hottest, and then there was one that was kinda like a hot tub and also a swimming pool. After soaking we headed to lunch and then for an ice tour. The ice tour was beautiful---I don't have too many pictures, because my camera was dying--but I will upload some more once we all share our pictures.

After the tour our bodies were freezing because it was only like 20 in there. I forgot my mittens, so by the end I was struggling. We decided to go straight into the outside hot springs--it was a little hotter than we remembered and we were loud yelling it's burning, it's burning--it got so quiet as everyone was just looking at us, but def a funny time.

Finished the night off just relaxing and hanging out---Here are the pictures:











Alright on to Anchorage now, where the real shopping will begin!

No comments: