Thursday, February 24, 2011

birthday...quinhagak style!

Well yesterday was a birthday celebration--You see I just love birthdays so it was the one thing I was looking forward to all week. I awoke to phone calls and texts wishing me a Happy Birthday, def. made me feel very happy! Here are some pictures to document my 25th birthday in Quinhagak, Alaska.


At school Steph's class made me birthday cards---they were so stinking cute--by far some of the best birthday cards I have ever received. Steph told her class things that I liked so each card was personalized with something that I like: giraffe, dancing, music, snow machines---they were great!

After school, Al cooked up a fiesta. We had a chicken dish that she makes, homemade
guacamole, cheese and crackers, burritos, corn, and CAKE--It was fun. The gang came over
and we played just hung out and laughed and had a good time. THEN after dinner something
great happened--we got Jim to play a game with us. You see Jim always refuses to play games
with us, but yesterday was different---yesterday we got a game in---he would only play one
round with us, but one round is better than none.


It was def. different not being at home and being able to go out to eat and be with family, but you know what I had fun with my new friends/ Quinhagak family.




Well that's all for now. Spring break starts today after school, so I should have tons to tell when I return from the trip. The weather here is super windy and rainy today (not a good combination). We are hoping we are able to make it to Bethel so we can fly to Anchorage. It is so funny when you think about it how much we have come to rely on the weather here. The weather tells me if I am able to visit with friends, if I get mail or not, if the store will have new food or not and other things like that---

That's all for now from Quinhagak!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Have fun on the trip.
Susan (Steph's Mom)

Anonymous said...

I am in shock!! You SHOULD feel VERY special that Jim consented to playing a game on your birthday with you!! That just doesn't happen!:) Maurita (Jim's Mom)

Anonymous said...

constantly i used to read smaller content which also clear their
motive, and that is also happening with this
piece of writing which I am reading now.

my homepage ... muscle enhancers