Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween/ pranks in Quinhagak

my wonderful math class

e Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Well Friday was Halloween at our school!

First things first there was a pumpkin carving contest. Now Jim wins every year and I was determined to beat him-- so Friday morning my class set off to make a beautiful Mickey pumpkin--not going to lie this was no where near beating Jim's class, but I was pretty impressed. Who knew I was such a carver?
After school around 12 it was time for the costume contest--the children starting getting dressed up-- I had my puppy face on and was ready to roll.
The costume contest was a hit, there were many cute funny costumes...clap for him...clap for her... The pumpkin contest ended with a win for Jim. So once again he is bragging BUT I already am planning out my pumpkin for next year!

Here are some of the pumpkins from the contest:



Friday night there was a...DANCE..I was excited. It was the perfect time for me to break out my crazy dance moves. Now at first there was not much dancing going on, just standing around, but then something magical happened. Allison, Rachel, and I started to BUST A MOVE. The cupid shuffle went on and the crowd went crazy! By the time we left there were at least 15 kids up on the dance floor dancing and having a good time!

Friday and Saturday night we decided that we needed a little fun in Quinhagak. Friday night myself, Steph, and Jim decided to have a little fun. Allison was at our house so we ran underneath the house and started banging. We planned this out so that we would hit at different spots underneath the house. Jim had a hammer so it was super loud. Within two minutes I got a text from Allison--is that you? We had planned what I would say if she asked this so I said No I'm watching Little Miss Sunshine--whats up? We continued knocking under the house and then ran back to Steph and Jims. Once I returned home that night--I made up a story how kids were knocking at our house too--and it was super scary.

Saturday night we decided to tell Allison that it was us all along and then we had a new target---Alison and Jon. So once again we paraded over there with our hammers, window scraper, and other various tools to give them a scare. Now there house is lower then ours, so this was a bit of a challenge. We once again began hitting under the house. Now these two didn't move for a while. We knocked and scraped and knocked and scraped--until finally Jon came outside to see what all the commotion was. I had to army crawl out from under the house and finally after about 5 minutes we were spotted because of Jim's red coat. What a funny time.

Shoutout to Alison Z on her birthday today!! We had a great celebration with food and cake. Who would have thought you can still have fun birthdays in Alaska!!

Miss you all!

No comments: