Friday, September 24, 2010

GO S-E-A-H-A-W-K-S



Who rocks the house, I say the seahawks rock the house and when the seahawks rock the house they rock it all the way down!

Woo—its Friday and I write to you from the big city aka Bethel Alaska. I get to hang out for the next few days and learn about art. Ladies and gentleman I think we are going to have a young Picasso on our hands when they are finished with me. Last night Steph and myself packed our bags and were on the road. Not going to lie I was super super pumped to eat at a restaurant. We arrived at our bed and breakfast, which is a cozy little joint we are staying with matching twin beds and were off to spend some quality time over dinner. My eyes were def bigger then my stomach! I had Dr. Pepper, a bacon cheeseburger, steak fries, and a milkshake. TALK ABOUT LOVE, THIS FOOD WAS UN-BE-LIEVEABLE! We spent that rest of the night window shopping online and hanging out.

ONE BRAVE GIRL: That’s right my faithful readers Wednesday night Allison left for Fairbanks and I was able to sleep all alone at my house! I didn’t even keep the lights on! Not going to lie I was trembling just a little as I lay in my bed, but I just kept telling myself it would be okay. Whew I am already making so much progress and it hasn’t even been two months!! Wednesday night we had a great family dinner at Steph and Jim’s. Shout- out to them for helping me with some important matters and cooking a great romantic dinner (ha ha ha).


GO SEAHAWKS: Whew I survived my first pep rally. Now standing up in front of all the kids is not what scares me. What made me nervous was all my other co-workers watching me jump around the gym screaming like a child who has eaten too much candy. The pep rally started with the cross country team running into the gym while We Will Rock You was playing. We then introduced the team and then showed a slide show I had prepared. Once we were finished we taught the students two new cheers. Now at first I know they were looking at me like I was crazy, but I think they really enjoyed the rally. I even had different classes make posters to hang in the gym! Once we were finished I played a game with some volunteers from the audience. After thirty minutes, lots of screaming, and a little sweating my first rally was complete! I am proud of myself though because I did it. Now looking back I have been able to reflect and think of things to make the next one even better!







Thought from the day is involvement. People who know me know that back home in college I was involved in everything. I love that this experience is providing me with opportunities to plan things and become involved. I am getting to know the children so much through my different responsibilities and it is definitely making this experience worth while. Sure I could sit in Alaska like a wet blanket and do nothing, but I need to explore the opportunities this wonderful place has to offer.

Don’t worry I’ll be posting again about my weekend as Picasso!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go Seahawks! Go Seahawks! Your living the dream girl.