Tuesday, September 28, 2010

BRRR ITS COLD IN HERE...



So I still need to update from my weekend as an artist. Steph and I stayed in Bethel until Saturday “arting” it up. I do believe we are going to be fine artists one day.

Friday night though we once again ate dinner at a…RESTAURANT….OH HOW DELIGHTFUL. Once again I was faced with two many decisions of what I would eat for dinner, there was Mexican, Steaks Chinese, American, etc—I decided on the Mexican platter and oh I did not regret that thing even one little bit. It was quite the mouth-watering experience. I am starting to become accustomed to how things are here in Quinhagak though which no restaurants just good quality home cooking by Allison and I. But who doesn’t get a little excited when they have had a rich chocolate-y milkshake in Bethel?

So back to my art experience. I will now shower you with the many pictures of my Picasso like work. I do need some improvements, but it was fun to just laugh with friends and learn new techniques I can share with the students at my school. I got some great ideas I am going to try and incorporate into my morning duty in the gym. Overall it was a good experience and one I can use in my teaching at some point of the year.















So Saturday night we flew back to Quin and I got to sit in the front of the plane (like the co-pilot). This was my first time so man oh man was it scary. Not to mention the thought of vomiting crossed my mind several times. So made it back to Quin with what I thought was a very bumpy bumpy ride and oh how it felt nice to be back.


So it starting to get cold here, and I do not like it one bit. I have never been the cold weather type, which is quite ironic now that I live in Alaska, but hopefully I get used to get. When I first got here I wore many more layers then neccessary, but I am slowly adjusting and now only need to wear the approriapte amount. I do know that when that first snow hits, I will be crying like a baby.


Saturday night was quite the night--I swear I heard noise in our house and was beyond freaked--I turned on ALLLL THE LIGHTS and sat in front of the door where I heard the noise ready to pounce like a tiger on whatever was behind the door. To my surprise it was nothing and after two hours of sitting in front of the door--I went to sleep. You see our houses are old and they make many many noises which in fact ALWAYS freaks me out. Allison is back from Fairbanks and everything is normal. We are become quite domesticated now in our house switching roles in the dinner department and we even clean our house very well once a week. I am quite impressed with how easy it is to live on your own...haha

Shoutout to my past co-workers at Nolley- they sent me a card that really helped put a smile on my face during a difficult week!

Thats all for now---its a busy busy week--but don't fret--I have some great insights brewing for this next blog.

No comments: