Thursday, April 4, 2013

Change

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not--Dr. Seuss

Change is upon us. Peter and I are deciding to make a decision we think is best for us. After two amazing years in Napakiak we will be leaving and not returning next school year. I have had some amazing times with my students and I will truly miss every single one. They each have something special and unique to offer. Some of my kiddos I had the pleasure of teaching for two years-- it's amazing seeing the growth that they have made. They have been able to do things and learn things that amaze me. Leaving them will be one of the hardest things I have had to do. I am deciding to persue a job in special education and Peter will be teaching only one grade. It was a difficult decision but one that will have great benefits both socially and professionally. We will be moving back to....QUINHAGAK! We just got the news this week that we will be moving! I am going to work really hard on updating this blog more as I return. It's been 2 years since I left there but I can't wait to be re-united with the kids and the place in Alaska I first called home. I've been reading my blog lately and it is amazing how much I have grown since I left Quinhagak. I have been able to do things I never thought possible. I just know this truly is the right decision to be made.


That's it for now

No comments: